For a while now I’ve been meaning to write a list of services that I need or want, but haven’t found. Some of these probably don’t exist, some of them just haven’t reached my radar.
You can read this list as a sort of manifesto of what I’ll get up to in the next few years. Feel free to scavenge for ideas as well. I won’t mind, in fact I’ll be glad because there’s more ideas here than one guy can implement 🙂
In no particular order:
- A dashboard for the data I collect about myself either implicitly or explicitly
- A way to consolidate my social profile – at least change the avatar everywhere at once
- Some way to keep track of all the profiles I have
- Stripe for Europe
- When I write, dynamically predict how satisfied my audience will be so I can adjust accordingly
- Ability to test different contents of a blogpost in regards to different audiences
- Tell my users how long they are likely to take reading a story
- Give me N pieces of news/content that will take X amount of time
- Send funny pictures to friends offline with a single click [I am SO rebooting this one]
- Pay for small favours by actually sending a cookie across the world
- A tool that reminds me to keep in touch with potential clients (some sort of CRM I guess)
- According to my personal metrics – give me progress predictions with graphs and advice on improving
- A helper for building good habits so I can just respond to events rather than use my own willpower
- Unified way of dealing with all the apps/services that have my CreditCard or PayPal info
- Unified directory of everyone with OAuth access to any of my accounts
- Remind me to unfollow/unfriend people before the task gets too daunting
- Some unified way of dealing with all the services I might need like plumbers, sysadmins and food delivery
- Remind me to eat according to a schedule
- Create a diet for me and make sure the ingredients are always in the fridge
While nothing revolutionary, this is a list of projects that deal with the fact that I’m almost as lazy as I am forgetful. Most of all, the proposed services are about predicting rather than reacting. I don’t want to react to a problem, I want to predict I’m going to have a problem while I still have time to fix it!
With the piles of data available, computers are better at making these predictions than I am.
Learned something new? Want to improve your skills?
Join over 10,000 engineers just like you already improving their skills!
Here's how it works 👇
PS: You should also follow me on twitter 👉 here.
It's where I go to shoot the shit about programming.