Here I am. Here we are, on a roadtrip of epic proportions ... or rather, as much as you can pack into ten days.
This is the main event of the summer, the reason I borrowed @smotko's car. The plan is to make it down to Dubrovnik - some 600km away from home - visit Bruce Lee's statue in Mostar, then go visit some Croatian islands for a few days of proper lounging around the beach like a pair of cows.
Yesterday at ungodly hours in the morning the expedition was launched. So far the journey's included:
- hoards of cow-eyed tourists with their brain shut off, trying to take the single best picture of Plitvice Lakes ... no idea why they bothered, of course ours are going to be best.
- discovering Croatia is actually beautiful - but only inland Dalmatia, the flatland on the way to EXIT was weird and the coast is full of lazy cowstourists
- a scary old house without working electricity
- sleeping on the balcony of said house ... and later inside, with all the ghosts keeping us company
- hydroelectric power plant inside a fucking mountain
- one of the best looking longboarding roads ever ... with maaaaaaybe just a bit too much traffic ... maybe, we'll see, I might have to sneak out while @ponywithhiccups isn't looking
- huge wind tourbines! very huge!
- getting to know the interior of Car, very very well
Oh and we took some possibly good photos. Take a look, y'know, if you want to. I'm a blogpost not a cop.
Continue reading about A roadtrip: First leg
Semantically similar articles hand-picked by GPT-4
- A roadtrip: second leg
- A roadtrip: fin
- The mountains are beautiful magnificent beasts
- A month on the road
- Geek at a music festival: Day 1
I write articles with real insight into the career and skills of a modern software engineer. "Raw and honest from the heart!" as one reader described them. Fueled by lessons learned over 20 years of building production code for side-projects, small businesses, and hyper growth startups. Both successful and not.
Subscribe below 👇
Join Swizec's Newsletter and get insightful emails 💌 on mindsets, tactics, and technical skills for your career. Real lessons from building production software. No bullshit.
"Man, love your simple writing! Yours is the only newsletter I open and only blog that I give a fuck to read & scroll till the end. And wow always take away lessons with me. Inspiring! And very relatable. 👌"
Senior Mindset Book
Get promoted, earn a bigger salary, work for top companiesLearn more
Have a burning question that you think I can answer? Hit me up on twitter and I'll do my best.
Who am I and who do I help? I'm Swizec Teller and I turn coders into engineers with "Raw and honest from the heart!" writing. No bullshit. Real insights into the career and skills of a modern software engineer.
Want to become a true senior engineer? Take ownership, have autonomy, and be a force multiplier on your team. The Senior Engineer Mindset ebook can help 👉 swizec.com/senior-mindset. These are the shifts in mindset that unlocked my career.
Curious about Serverless and the modern backend? Check out Serverless Handbook, for frontend engineers 👉 ServerlessHandbook.dev
Want to Stop copy pasting D3 examples and create data visualizations of your own? Learn how to build scalable dataviz React components your whole team can understand with React for Data Visualization
Did someone amazing share this letter with you? Wonderful! You can sign up for my weekly letters for software engineers on their path to greatness, here: swizec.com/blog
By the way, just in case no one has told you it yet today: I love and appreciate you for who you are ❤️