Here I am. Here we are, on a roadtrip of epic proportions ... or rather, as much as you can pack into ten days.
This is the main event of the summer, the reason I borrowed @smotko's car. The plan is to make it down to Dubrovnik - some 600km away from home - visit Bruce Lee's statue in Mostar, then go visit some Croatian islands for a few days of proper lounging around the beach like a pair of cows.
Yesterday at ungodly hours in the morning the expedition was launched. So far the journey's included:
- hoards of cow-eyed tourists with their brain shut off, trying to take the single best picture of Plitvice Lakes ... no idea why they bothered, of course ours are going to be best.
- discovering Croatia is actually beautiful - but only inland Dalmatia, the flatland on the way to EXIT was weird and the coast is full of lazy cowstourists
- a scary old house without working electricity
- sleeping on the balcony of said house ... and later inside, with all the ghosts keeping us company
- hydroelectric power plant inside a fucking mountain
- one of the best looking longboarding roads ever ... with maaaaaaybe just a bit too much traffic ... maybe, we'll see, I might have to sneak out while @ponywithhiccups isn't looking
- huge wind tourbines! very huge!
- getting to know the interior of Car, very very well
Oh and we took some possibly good photos. Take a look, y'know, if you want to. I'm a blogpost not a cop.
Here's how it works 👇
And get thoughtful letters 💌 on mindsets, tactics, and technical skills for your career. Real lessons from building production software. No bullshit.
"Man, love your simple writing! Yours is the only newsletter I open and only blog that I give a fuck to read & scroll till the end. And wow always take away lessons with me. Inspiring! And very relatable. 👌"
Have a burning question that you think I can answer? Hit me up on twitter and I'll do my best.
Who am I and who do I help? I'm Swizec Teller and I turn coders into engineers with "Raw and honest from the heart!" writing. No bullshit. Real insights into the career and skills of a modern software engineer.
Curious about Serverless and the modern backend? Check out Serverless Handbook, for frontend engineers 👉 ServerlessHandbook.dev
Want to Stop copy pasting D3 examples and create data visualizations of your own? Learn how to build scalable dataviz React components your whole team can understand with React for Data Visualization
Want to become a true senior engineer? Getting the title's easy. Just stick around. Being a true senior takes a new way of thinking. The Senior Mindset Series can help 👉 SeniorMindset.com. It's my most loved series of essays.
Did someone amazing share this letter with you? Wonderful! You can sign up for my weekly letters for software engineers on their path to greatness, here: swizec.com/blog
By the way, just in case no one has told you it yet today: I love and appreciate you for who you are ❤️