So the director of dataviz at VISA emailed me the other day.
He said “Yo, we love your book on React data visualization. The team is learning fast, getting a lot done. Honestly, it’s helped a lot.”
Wow! Fortune 200 companies use my stuff!!
“But dude, some examples are out of date” 😵
He’s not wrong ... my in-person React dataviz workshop went through many changes over the past year. Updates to content, new techniques researched ... lots of stuff.
SO I'VE DECIDED…
🎉 I’m updating React + D3v4 🎉
It’s going to become React + D3 2018, or maybe it's time for a new title, I haven't decided.
Here’s the plan 👇
- Finish in time for the Reactathon conference on September 8th.
- Lead a new and improved in-person workshop.
- Moderate discussion table.
- Launch book.
Here’s what you get 👇
- ⚛️ updated content for how react works in 2018 and 2019. That means React 16+, React Suspense, etc.
- 📈 updated code for D3v5
- 🚟 exploration of React Suspense implications
- 🆕 a chapter on ready-made dataviz components you can use
- 🆕 new chapter on dataviz in React Native
- 🆕 new chapter on dataviz in WebVR
- 📦 move examples from Codepen to Codesandbox for a better experience
- 🏃 add more exercises and sample walkthroughs
- 🎥 all new 2 to 3-hour video in full 4K
3 live online workshops on Aug 12, 19, 26. We'll build some dataviz and I’ll answer any questions you can come up with.
Workshops will be recorded and you will keep access to them forever. Even if you can’t join live. But only if you buy now.
3 years of thought and research will have gone into this book. Countless hours spent talking through problems with in-person workshop attendees, coaching clients, and helping big Fortune50 companies.
You don’t wanna miss this.
Here's how it works 👇
Then get thoughtful letters 💌 on mindsets, tactics, and technical skills for your career.
"Man, love your simple writing! Yours is the only email I open from marketers and only blog that I give a fuck to read & scroll till the end. And wow always take away lessons with me. Inspiring! And very relatable. 👌"
Ready to Stop copy pasting D3 examples and create data visualizations of your own? Learn how to build scalable dataviz components your whole team can understand with React for Data Visualization
Curious about Serverless and the modern backend? Check out Serverless Handbook, modern backend for the frontend engineer.
Ready to learn how it all fits together and build a modern webapp from scratch? Learn how to launch a webapp and make your first 💰 on the side with ServerlessReact.Dev
By the way, just in case no one has told you it yet today: I love and appreciate you for who you are ❤️