Image by Julie70 via Flickr
Seedcamp, as many probably know, is a bit like America's Next Top Model, but for entrepreneurs and their ideas. Therefore, apply I must, yes. Well the deadline was last night and we've done the best we can and now we wait for the gods of innovation to smile down upon us and smite us with their blessings.
The whole process went a little bit like this:
- work on a project with a vague idea of what you actually want (for a year)
- get so involved with the details of the project that you forget to even consider the master vision
- suddenly snap out of it and realise you've been approaching the problem all wrong
- boil away all the cruft and come back to a naked master vision
- decide to give it a new wrapping and rework the whole thing with help from some awesome people
- realise something like this would do great on seedcamp with the right pitch
- suddenly remember the deadline is in a week
After that it was just a mad dash to the finish line, which ultimately culminated in a rather lovely pitch (a full 20 hours before deadline, lovely), a quite well working proof of concept prototype demo, which I'm not going to show you guys, and a video, which you're about to see.
The whole week was packed chock full of twelve and more hour workdays, especially because I also had
Here's how it works 👇
Then get thoughtful letters 💌 on mindsets, tactics, and technical skills for your career.
"Man, love your simple writing! Yours is the only email I open from marketers and only blog that I give a fuck to read & scroll till the end. And wow always take away lessons with me. Inspiring! And very relatable. 👌"
Ready to Stop copy pasting D3 examples and create data visualizations of your own? Learn how to build scalable dataviz components your whole team can understand with React for Data Visualization
Curious about Serverless and the modern backend? Check out Serverless Handbook, modern backend for the frontend engineer.
Ready to learn how it all fits together and build a modern webapp from scratch? Learn how to launch a webapp and make your first 💰 on the side with ServerlessReact.Dev
By the way, just in case no one has told you it yet today: I love and appreciate you for who you are ❤️