"It worked last night, I promise.”
Last week, I presented my crazy blockchain-redux idea at WeAreDevs world congress, a conference of 8,000 people.
One person called it refreshing; another said it's the first time they’d seen an idea, not a product, at a conference. 💪
Of course, the next related video YouTube shows after my vlog about preparing for the talk is Tim Urban's Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator. 🤔
Their AI be good 😅
- You can prepare a talk in 3 days at the tail end of 3 months of casual research, but you probably shouldn't
- The best talks are built like a standup routine on top of a life well lived
- Woz is cool but kind of a strange person. His insights are curious
- There are waaaaay more VR devices out there than you'd think
- Now is a good time to get into VR
- You can have 100,000 monthly active users with a few Alexa skills
- Only those Alexa skills promoted by Amazon will live. Others die
- If you are presenting, put your handle on every slide so people know how to quote you when they post photos on social media
- 8000 people is too big and intimidating for effective Meet New People activities. Hard to strike up random conversations when there's nothing intrinsically in common other than "We both write code"
- Blockchain/crypto is a cult
- Vienna is beautiful. Go visit
- You write code that runs in the future, it is therefore de facto legislature
- Developers might be the only profession that doesn't even pretend to know what we're doing. We just dive right in and figure it out.
- Woz says managing is easier than coding, and it's unclear whether that was a joke, honest opinion, or pandering to the crowd
- Also company values without action are bullshit
Guess now I have to build the stuff I promised in my talk.
Here's how it works 👇
Then get thoughtful letters 💌 on mindsets, tactics, and technical skills for your career.
"Man, love your simple writing! Yours is the only email I open from marketers and only blog that I give a fuck to read & scroll till the end. And wow always take away lessons with me. Inspiring! And very relatable. 👌"
Ready to Stop copy pasting D3 examples and create data visualizations of your own? Learn how to build scalable dataviz components your whole team can understand with React for Data Visualization
Curious about Serverless and the modern backend? Check out Serverless Handbook, modern backend for the frontend engineer.
Ready to learn how it all fits together and build a modern webapp from scratch? Learn how to launch a webapp and make your first 💰 on the side with ServerlessReact.Dev
By the way, just in case no one has told you it yet today: I love and appreciate you for who you are ❤️